Designed for Landlords and Property Management Companies
A Residential Property Condition Assessment (RPCA), unlike a standard home inspection, is not used during a real estate transaction. This type of assessment of the property is designed specifically for landlords and property management companies. An RPCA will assist clients in determining the condition, required maintenance, ages of mechanical systems, safety conditions and required immediate repairs prior to or during occupancy. An RPCA gives the landlord peace of mind, reduces liability from tenant complaints and protects the investment with proper maintenance recommendations.
An RPCA is written documentation of the home on the day of the assessment
This type of assessment typically includes:
- Visible conditions in need of repair on the exterior of the home
- Approximate ages of windows and doors.
- Safety conditions requiring attention prior to occupancy
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms not present or requiring replacement
- Ages of mechanical systems
- Visible signs of leakage from plumbing or from moisture infiltration from exterior
- Mold growth that is present or conditions conducive to future mold issues
- A written report of the findings